Guests meet at 7:00 am at our office at 625 Riversands Road, where you can park your car at our enclosed property. Once you are checked in and your car is secure, we recommend you leave your car keys behind in our office so they don’t take a swim if you do. After everyone has arrived, you’ll load into comfortable vans and leave Moab around 7:30 am. Driving to the Westwater Ranger Station launch site takes approximately 1.5 hours. Your trip leader and guides will then give an orientation on river safety and load everything up to get underway. The rest of the day will be filled with exciting rapids, sightseeing, swimming, and relaxing, with a savory picnic lunch served riverside around noon. You’ll get off the river around 4:00 pm and return to Moab at approximately 5:30 pm.
Choose clothing that will keep you comfortable through a full day under the sun and can get wet. Most guests come ready for rafting, but there is a changing area and restrooms at the launch site if you prefer to travel in regular clothing and change there. Extra clothes or a small towel can be left in the vans that will pick you up at the end, or you can bring them with you on the river in a small dry bag. We recommend the following:
- Water bottle to remind you to drink
- Sunscreen (no spray sunscreen)
- Lip Balm with SPF
- Hat for sun protection (and string to keep it from blowing off)
- Sunglasses (be careful with expensive ones; even with eyewear retainers they can still come off)
- Quick drying shorts or swimming suit (women often prefer 2-piece suits under shorts and a T-shirt)
- T-shirt (Long sleeve is a good idea for sun protection in the hot summer months)
- Shoes that stay on your feet and can get wet
- Camera (Don’t forget to charge the battery and have plenty of space on the memory card!)
Please contact our office if you have a group of 10 or more.