Guests meet at 8:00 am at our office at 625 Riversands Road, where you can park your car at our enclosed property. Once you are checked in and your car is secure, we recommend you leave your car keys behind in our office so they don’t take a swim if you do. The trip begins with a beautiful 45-minute drive along the Upper Colorado River Scenic Byway, a stretch of highway famous for its breathtaking views of sandstone cliffs, desert valleys, and lush river bottoms. Upon arrival at the launch site, your trip leader and guides will give an orientation on river safety and you’ll push off into the flowing water and get underway. Splashy rapids and magnificent scenery will fill the day, and at lunch time you'll pull over to a beach for a refreshing buffet-style meal. Winding canyon views and a sandy beach for playing will finish off your adventure, returning to Moab about 3:30 pm.
Choose clothing that will keep you comfortable through a full day under the sun and can get wet. Most guests come ready for rafting, but we do have a changing area and restrooms at our office location. We recommend the following:
- Sunscreen and lip balm (at least SPF 15)
- Sun hat (and string to keep it from blowing off)
- Sunglasses (be careful with expensive ones; even with eyewear retainers they can still come off)
- Quick drying shorts or swimming suit (women often prefer 2-piece suits under shorts and a T-shirt)
- T-shirt (Long sleeve is a good idea for sun protection in the hot summer months)
- Shoes that stay on your feet and can get wet
- Camera (Don’t forget to charge the battery and have plenty of space on the memory card!)
- Water bottle to remind you to drink
Special pricing and link to reserve for scouts, girl's camp, youth conferences, young men's activities or family reunions of 25 or more people can be found on the Youth Group and Scout Group pages.